Friday, February 19, 2010

Inspirational Me?





I had an interesting interlude the other day.





I had a conversation with an acquaintance whom I have not seen since a meeting I attended in October, one month after my triathlon. Not that she would have known, except the one person at work I did tell walked into the room of participants and announced that I am a triathlete (which prompted a barrage of questions and looks askance)




Anyway, I spoke with her the other day and she said "You have no idea how much you have inspired me, SingingElectric! You sounded like you love your training so much I signed up for swim classes. I started last week and it has changed my LIFE! "

yup, that is what she said.

Now I am so happy that someone else is inspired by me - I wish I could inspire my own damn self to go back to Masters but that is another story!-but really, I am happy that my struggles mean SOMETHING. You never know, I supppose, who is watching you.

My knee is starting to make more persistent noise. No pain, just crunchy noise. I have also been keeping up with my running albeit indoors as well as working on the drainer. I do anticipate that things at work shoud be leveling off in another month or so- so I can hopefully salvage some of the pre season! In the meantime, I have added the Danskin to my short list of tri endeavors this year.

One last Twilight Zone blast - I am actually thinking of rejoining the same training class that almost killed me last year. I think I will be able to keep up better this year if I do; I am just not sure that I can afford it. It is so worth the money however and the coach is really good.....hmmmm....

No comments:

Post a Comment