Sunday, March 8, 2009

Sand and snow

I decided to skip the ol spin torture routine today - daylight savings, I woke up a little late, couldn't breathe last night and didn't sleep well, and the idea of spinning to "Ne Me Quitte Pas" with the French Grace Jones was less than energizing. It was warm today - 60 this am - so I put on my old sneax and headed to the beach for a run.



I don't actually run on the sand - I can only imagine what it would be like having sand in my running shoes 24/7 - I run on the boardwalk, which has its own challenges. The wood slats are uneven and has some brad nails that stick up here and there so I have to actually pick up my feet and not shuffle, or I could quite feasibly kill myself.



It's two miles out and back. It was pretty good except for the constantly running faucet that is my nose lately..ugh! But otherwise, pretty cool.

I do need to stay motivated about running out of doors, so I signed myself up for a 5k in April, this one. It's near where I live and its on an actual runway - so I have the humiliation of trying to finish along with a few lungs full of jet fuel to keep me on track for July!

I can't wait to feel better.

No comments:

Post a Comment