Thursday, February 12, 2009

Alrighty then....

What an idiot. Apparently the signup for Danskin was the very day I was happily typing away about TOMORROW, it was THAT VERY DAY, and apparetly everone knew that except me. What does that mean? Registration closed, baby. No highlighted calendar reminder will help if you got the wrong day!

Anyhoo...


I signed up for the Irongirl in Syracuse. the bike distance is TWICE that of Danskin which makes me oh so happy and secure. In celebration, I blew off spin class today and didn't go to the gym at all. I am also not swimming this week. I DID complete a killer 3 miles before work yesterday - my legs are still a little tight from that. Only a little however...

In my copious training fantasies I have planned to reward myself once a month with a trip to my favorite Korean
spa for a few baths and steams, and maybe a killer foot rub. There are few things more relaxing than this for me. I went today - keeping with the whole lazy indulgence theme of the week I guess - and I felt fetus weak coming out - in a good way.

And, I have learned a new term: Athena. Apparently I am an Athena. I weigh over 150 Lbs. OK, except the male counterpart of that is a Clydesdale. Which if you didn't know is a huge ( albeit beautiful) HORSE.

WTF?

This will DEFINITELY be revisited. In fairly short order.


So - this weekend, to determine what swimming humiliation I will face - masters?(I really don't like that term. Gotta change that) or another Jack Rabbit class? Its gotta be something - the dirty old men at Parks and Rec are too gleeful with their encouragement as they pass me over and over and over.....

le sigh!

No comments:

Post a Comment