Saturday, November 13, 2010



behold, the gigantor demon cricket. The picture does it no justice - this bad boy was HUGE. and very very oogly. And all day he didntstray very far from my treadmill, perfect excuse to not use it! Ugh, ugh, ugh.



This weather lately has been absolutely gorgi. Never mind the training widget thingie – I have been running. Short baby runs but I have been moving consistently and that is the point for now. I went to a huge park yesterday and got lost on a few of the trails running and had an absolute blast. It was so nice to be surrounded by nature and not going around on the track like the worlds largest hamster (although my knees miss the cushioned track surface and loudly reminded me of that once or twice).

Good things that I did at least that much yesterday, as my treadmill decided to spaz out and kill its power supply. I also found out that my beyootiful gym may be closing – yeah the one that is near my job that I haven’t been able to frequent at all in the past six months. Whatever. I have to start getting my bear arse out of bed at 5 am again so I can at least start swimming in the am – if I do get to rejoin Masters, I don’t want to drown in the first class; that is waaay too embarrassing. At my best I am slowest.

To keep things interesting I started the 100 pushup, situp and squat challenge with my kids. We had fun just doing the test! I regularly attempt to inspire them to achieve and maintain fitness and am really hoping this will help – both them and me!



Finally - CNN is doing sponsoring another Triathlon training team to participate in the NYC triathlon with Dr Sanjay Gupta. I would soooo love to participate with them - especially since CNN picks up the tab, and I think Sanjay rocks the house(I so appreciate his coverage of Haiti after the earthquake; not for the fainthearted and speaking truth to power) I will not however be submitting a video of myself so I will continue to be inspired from afar!



No comments:

Post a Comment