Thursday, November 25, 2010

Gratitude

I so appreciate a day like Thanksgiving. Not for the so called historical reasons, but for the regular reminder that we all have so much to be thankful for. Lately life has been particularly trying for me - I have given in to grief, fear, confusion and anger. Two dear friends died quite unexpectedly, one day apart; at the same time that my professional life demanded so much more than usual from me.

I have been at sea, but am used to navigating myelf back into port.

Difficult times serve many purposes. I do NOT subscribe to the philosophy of their necessity. But difficult times give you the opportunity to test not only yourself but those around you, and how you feel about them. It can also reinforce what is really important to you when all the bells and whistles are stripped away.

I am humbly thankful for

My incredible little family. There are so few of us - and I always wished there were more - but we all so totally rock.

Love: its daily manifestations, and my ability to comprehend and express it

My personal relationship with the Divine, and the unconditional love and acceptance I strive to understand and reflect

my parents. They both left here a long time ago but I still benefit daily from their wise teachings firm foundation and incredible love. They are the best

Gainful employment

My abundant health- thing one and thing two are out of control with Esther (Roll) and Bertha(Butt) in close second and third but you know what? They are strong beautiful get me where I am going and I love them! I just know they will help me accomplish amazing things this season

my warm and comfy bed, warm home, food in the fridge

my stupid arse dog

leisure time to blog,dream, train, read, think, create...

It's all love. It's all good. I am so much better for those who have already been here, and grateful for being part of their jouney.

NOW - off to my own version of a Turkey Trot!!

1 comment: