Monday, March 19, 2012

Sicky Hicky

oh yes, so- those windy March days finally gave way to some calmer, warmer weather!

YAY!

Somehow, that warmth nurtured a destructive alien organism that decided to take up residence in my throat!

 
BOO!


This thing literally came out of nowhere. I was sitting in a Very Important Meeting on Friday morning when I realized that my throat really Hurt. Like pins and needles stabbing. Great. It is bad enough I am in a roomful of strangers in a formal meeting in a Very Fancy place with a Very Great View and I am starting to feel like complete and utter crap.

(the Very Great View was Very Distracting too)

 
I went back to my office in the afternoon after the marathon Very Important Meeting was over (really guys - can we put a cap on it, like say 3 or 4 hours at a time?) and was feeling very strange- my head was swimming, I had zero patience, and I was slightly feverish I think. I went home and drank tea, took echinacea, gargled, blah blah blah....Saturday went to the doctor to make sure it wasn’t strep ( it wasn't) and took the kid with me who had similar symptoms to make sure he didn’t have strep (he didn't) but all this had me miss my Saturday run.


Sunday I had 10 miles on tap and hill repeats in Central Park. I felt good but was hoarse- sexy hoarse I'd like to think. I had a great time doing the workout, it was a relief to run and to breathe through my nose oh, and those small things we take for granted! The NYC Half was that very same morning and it started in Central Park. You would never know that there were over 10,000 runners going through the park when I got there at 10 am, they were already removing the porta-potties and the grounds were immaculate. As this was a group run and I volunteered to take the back, my pace was very slow but I got in my 10 miles and had a great time running up and down Harlem and Cat hills!

 
I realized during this exercise that I will be ready for the half! I will not have a fast finish but its my first so anything I do will be a PR, correct?

 
We finished up and headed back home- I opted out of brunch to come back home and have a hot shower and relax. Wow. After that shower, my temperature skyrocketed! I napped and got the temp down, and my voice has gone from sexy hoarse to dead horse!



So that was fun. I am also looking at my plan and wondering how I am gonna get my mileage in during the week---yikes!

 
Total Mileage this week: 16









No comments:

Post a Comment